Parks & Recreation
Enjoy the miles of mountain bike and hiking trails, the warm waters of Lake Windermere or the world ranked golf courses that surround Invermere, recreational opportunities are abundant.
Columbia Valley Recreation - The District of Invermere, in partnership with the College of the Rockies has created a webite that coordinates ALL sports, leisure and recreation opportunities in throughout the Columbia Valley - www.cvrec.ca
Parks in Invermere
The District of Invermere has a number of parks and playgrounds for everyone, plus miles of hiking and mountain bike trails.
- Pothole Park - Pothole with restroom facilities and an outdoor amphitheater!
- Kinsmen Beach and Park - Invermere's largest beachfront park on Lake Windermere.
The park includes beach area, concession, showers and change rooms, the Pynelogs Cultural Centre, Botanical Gardens and linear trail around Dorothy Lake.
- Tunnacliffe Neighborhood Park - 4th Avenue
- Rotary Ball Park and Tennis Courts - baseball diamond and tennis courts at Dorothy Lake near Windermere Lake
- Toby Creek Linear Trail
- Lions Neighbourhood Park - childrens play park - 12th Avenue near 9th Street
- Mount Nelson Athletic Park - 14th Street near 15th Avenue -
Soccer fields and skateboard park with a field house including change rooms/washrooms and concession
- James Chabot Provincial Park - beach and facilities on the shores of Lake Windermere more info
Parks & Recreation Near Invermere
Invermere is in located in an outdoor recreation haven very close to Kootenay National Park, many Provincial Parks and BC Forest Service recreation sites. The following links will give you specific information about each of the services.
Copyright © 2013 - District of Invermere, BC